This week Lion Class have been learning:
We incorporated science into all of our learning this week!
- In literacy, we answered questions about microhabitats.
- We also read a Chinese myth and used the ideas from this story to inspire an investigation into ‘What does a plant need to grow?’ We planted cress and placed them in different amounts of light and warmth around the classroom to see which ones will grow. We look forward to observing the results next week!
- We spend two mornings working with children from M5 at Bushey Manor. On Tuesday, they came to Lions class and took part into an investigation to find the stretchiest tights, and on Thursday, we went to their class to find out about which shape of tea bag makes the best cup of tea.
- We really enjoyed a visit from Cosmic Caz, who taught us all about air pressure and gravity before showing us how to make our own slime to take home!
- We used paper to make different waterlilies, and investigated whether those with more petals would open quicker or slower than those with fewer petals.
- We made helicopters and used paper clips to investigate how we could make them fly for longer.
- We planted potatoes and sunflowers; we can’t wait to see them grow!
- We found out how to plan and record our results to share all of our learning with others.
Lions have thoroughly enjoyed their Science Week; well done on fantastic learning!