This week Kangaroo Class have been learning:
- We began the week by commemorating Armistice Day. We found out about why it is a special date and why we buy poppies.
- We wrote recounts about what we did during our workshop on Wednesday.
- We learnt about time openers and adverbs and used these in our writing.
- We focused on subtraction.
- We used cubes to take away different amounts.
- We solved problems by finding the missing number in part- whole models. We used subtraction to help us find the answer.
- We wrote our own subtraction number sentences.
- We created pictures of poppies using finger painting.
- We thoroughly enjoyed our workshop where we found out all about Diwali. We painted our own divas (or diyas) and then learnt a special ‘Bollywood’ dance that we performed to Reception.
- We raised money for Children in Need by decorating our own Pudsey- style cakes!
- We started practising for our class assembly which we look forward to performing to our families next Wednesday.
Well done on a very busy and exciting week Kangaroos!