This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We looked at our special story for Book Week ‘When I grow up’ by Tim Minchin.
- We created freeze-frames of the different settings in the story and then described them using adjectives and expanded noun phrases.
- We wrote books about all the things we would like to do when we have grown up.
- We planned and wrote about our perfect day.
- We solved a variety of maths problems involving addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
- We completed a World Book Day maths challenge by finding the secret codes in different maths questions!
- We started to look at fractions by finding halves, quarters and thirds of numbers.
- We enjoyed making a variety of beach and sea objects and creatures ready for ‘Book at Bedtime’!
- We found out about the different parts of a plant and what they need to help them to grow.
- Our six gymnasts took part in a local gymnastics competition and were FANTASTIC! Well done!
What a wonderful Book Week Giraffes!
Next week we will begin our new topic of ‘Plants’ and we will continue to look at fractions in maths.