This week Kangaroo Class have been learning:
- We started our new topic of ‘Festivals and Celebrations’.
- We wrote riddles about Bonfire Night for our friends to guess the answer to.
- We wrote recounts about all the exciting things we did in our half term holidays!
- We recalled and wrote facts about The Gunpowder Plot and why it is remembered.
- We focused on addition.
- We looked at the symbols + and = and explained the meaning of each.
- We found different ways to make 5 using pentominoes.
- We used a number line to count on from a given number.
- We solved addition number sentences using Numicon and cubes to help us.
- We learnt a variety of songs about Halloween and Bonfire Night with Ms Caperon.
- We enjoyed our ‘Relax Kids’ session and took part in a variety of calming and relaxing exercises!
- We created firework pictures using pipe cleaners and paint.
- We used i-pads to draw pictures of different shaped fireworks.
What an excellent first week back; well done!