This week Kangaroo Class have been learning:
- We started our new topic; ‘Our Local Area’
- We thought about what we would like to learn and wrote our own questions.
- For World Book Day, we focused on the stories by Julia Donaldson.
- We looked at the story of ‘The snail and the whale’ and wrote conversations that the characters may have.
- We compared the settings in different stories.
- We started to look at different forms of measurement.
- We compared the length and height of different objects, using the vocabulary ‘shorter’ and ‘longer’
- We used scales to compare the weight/mass of a variety of objects.
- We wrote sentences to describe different measures.
- We started to look at the Victorian way of life.
- We labelled the different parts of a Victorian house.
- We looked at the artist Adrian Berg and wrote facts about his style and life.
- We looked at floating and sinking, and investigated which materials would float or sink.
- We designed and made our own 3D settings!
What a fantastic week of learning Kangaroos!