This week Blue Class have been learning:
- We looked at the different features of a newspaper report.
- We planned our own newspaper reports about The Great Fire of London; including creating our own headlines!
- We wrote our newspaper reports describing what, when and where the fire happened.
- In phonics we practised a new spelling rule; adding ‘il’ to the end of words.
- We started to count in twos, fives and tens.
- We found the missing numbers using the two, five and ten times tables and thought of our own strategies for remembering them.
- We spotted the mistakes in different number sequences and explained how we knew the correct answer.
- We counted in three and identified the patterns.
- We made our Tudor Houses! We looked at different examples and then designed our own in pairs.
- We then made our own houses using a variety of different boxes, art straws, sticks, paint and hay.
- We created our own lyrics to ‘London’s Burning’.
- In science we thought about how materials change when they are manipulated.
It has been a brilliant first week back; well done Blue Class!
Next week we will look at the county of Devon and compare this to the city of London. We will look at setting description in English and will be focusing on repeated addition and using arrays to multiply in maths.
This week the spellings are: