This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We started to look at the book ‘The Enormous Crocodile’ by Roald Dahl.
- We created fact files to describe the different characters in the story.
- We ordered the events of the story and retold it in our own words.
- We planned our own versions of the story, thinking of different characters and new clever tricks!
- We looked at place value and partitioned numbers into hundreds, tens and ones,
- We practised writing numbers in words.
- We continued to look at the column method of addition.
- We practised our lines, dances and songs in preparation for our Leavers performance in a few weeks time.
- We started to create scenery and backdrops for our play.
- We used a variety of musical instruments to enhance the songs from our play and practised using rhythm and pitch to change our music.
What an exciting week of learning; well done!
Next week we will write and edit our own stories based on ‘The Enormous Crocodile’ We will continue to look at using the column method in maths, as well as enjoying a fun-packed Sports Week!