This week we have been learning:
-We have been writing diary entries about The Great Fire of London from the view point of Samuel Peyps.
- We have been thinking about adding description into our writing through using adjectives and similes!
- We have been looking at solving word problems and using our reasoning skills.
- We have looked at the skills needed to identify whether the word problem is an addition or subtraction problem.
-We have been learning about Samuel Peyps.
-We have been looking at his diary entries and thinking of questions we would like to ask him if we met him.
-We have continued to look at modern day artist Laura Jordan.
-We have been printing famous London landmarks using polystyrene tiles.
- We have been continuing to practise alien words.
- We have been looking at words that end in 'el' and 'al' to make an 'l' sound.
Spellings (To be tested on 6th November):
Using Google Classrooms Red class have been set optional homework to do over Half Term. Your child has been given a login and password which you can find on the inside page of their Reading Record. Please see the sub page named 'Home Learning' and 'October Half Term Homework' on the school website for more information.
It has been a wonderful first Half Term back and I am extremely proud of how well Red class have adapted to their new school day! It has been so lovely to be back doing my job in a classroom rather than over email or zoom! I am very grateful for the continued support I receive from all of you.
Have a wonderful half term and I look forward to seeing you next week.