This week Lion Class have been learning:
- We found out about the Gunpowder Plot and wrote information leaflets about why and how we celebrate Bonfire Night.
- We ordered the events of the Gunpowder Plot and wrote sentences to describe each stage.
- We thought about how to edit a story or piece of writing and used the story of ‘Battle Bunny’ to edit and write our own version.
- We wrote poems about fireworks using onomatopoeia and metaphors.
- We enjoyed Numicon Week!
- We found out about the different used of Numicon and described the different shapes and numbers.
- We added three single digit numbers using Numicon.
- We solved missing number problems and used Numicon to check our answers.
- We looked at portrait-landscape pictures and created our own versions in the style of Henri Rousseau.
- We began our new topic of ‘Fire’ and thought about what we would like to find out.
Well done on a busy first week back!