This week Kangaroo Class have been learning:
- We looked at the story ‘Can’t you sleep Little Bear?’ by Martin Waddell.
- We ordered the events of the story and wrote captions and sentences to retell each part.
- We described the setting of the story using amazing adjectives!
- We recapped on the features of a letter and wrote our own letters to Baby Bear to describe the results of our science investigation.
- We reminded ourselves of the difference between odd and even numbers and used these to solve a problem.
- We talked about the features of tables and used them to record the results of our science investigation.
- We had an exciting Science Week where the focus was ‘Light and Dark’.
- We found out about natural and man-made sources of light.
- We thoroughly enjoyed our science workshop where we made our own kaleidoscopes, thought about reflection and found out what happened when we used a selection of light toys and resources.
- We looked at the work of artist Bridget Riley and created our own optical art using black and white patterns.
- We conducted an investigation into what material Baby Bear should use to make a curtain. We predicted what we thought would happen and used the words ‘transparent’ and ‘opaque’ to explain what we had found out.
Well done on a very busy first week back Kangaroos!