This week Blue Class have been learning:
- We looked at the features of a diary and why they are used.
- We wrote diary entries as Samuel Pepys.
- We wrote about what he would have seen and felt before the fire, during the fire and after the fire had been extinguished.
- We practised our reading comprehension skills.
- We solved reasoning problems involving subtraction.
- We used our mental maths skills and drawings to help us add and subtract two digit numbers.
- We found out about Samuel Pepys and why he was important.
- Using Laura Jordan as inspiration, we drew our landmark sketches on polystyrene tiles, before printing them to create different effects.
- We practised learning different rhythms in music with Ms Caperon.
Well done on a brilliant first half term in Year Two; keep up the hard work!
After half term we will be writing newspaper articles about the Great Fire. In Maths we will begin to look at the 2, 5 and 10 times tables.
This week the spellings are: