This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We started to look at the story ‘Flat Stanley; On a Mission for her Majesty’.
- We wrote character descriptions to describe Flat Stanley.
- We imagined that Stanley had been on the London Eye and wrote about what we would see.
- We began to plan our own adventure stories.
- We familiarised ourselves with the hundred square.
- We spotted patterns and explained how we could find different answers.
- We counted on in ones using a hundred square and explained what we noticed.
- We counted back using the hundred square to solve subtraction problems.
- We created apples and pears for our Harvest display using a variety of materials.
- We found out about Charles Macintosh and how he invented a waterproof material.
- We researched different London landmarks and enjoyed sharing our facts with our friends!
What a busy week Giraffes; you have worked very hard!
Next week we will be writing our own adventure stories and letters in literacy. We will be ordering and comparing numbers in maths and will also be practising for our Harvest Assemblies next Thursday.