This week Kangaroo Class have been learning:
- We looked at all the different fairy-tale characters that The Jolly Postman visited on his travels.
- We found out about the features of letter writing.
- We wrote letters to the Jolly Postman asking him questions about his job and the people he visited.
- We wrote postcards to our friends, families and teachers.
- We focused on how to could count and regroup different representations of numbers.
- We used tens frames to split numbers into smaller groups eg 7= 5+2.
- We practised using part-whole models to show the different representations of each number.
- We solved problems using part- whole models to help us.
- We continued to practise our songs for Harvest assembly and can’t wait for our families and friends to watch our performances next week!
- We used bubble wrap and a variety of painting techniques to create Harvest corn.
- We designed our own stamps to represent Bushey and Oxhey Infant School.
What a busy and exciting week; well done!