This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We focused on the book ‘James and the Giant Peach’ by Roald Dahl.
- We held a debate to decide whether or not it was sensible for James to travel into the peach!
- We wrote letters to James to try to persuade him of our opinion.
- We described the insects in the story using a range of exciting vocabulary.
- We continued to look at direction and position, and used our own right angle finders to identify right angles around the classroom.
- We started to look at the column method of addition.
- We investigated how addition could be written in different ways but still would lead to the same answer.
- We had a fantastic day on Friday, working with Don Rae to learn some AMAZING dances for our leaver’s production.
- We made Fathers Day cards and enjoyed vising the Fathers Day secrets room!
- We visited Year Three at Bushey Manor to take part in some art activities and to have a tour of our new school.
What a very busy and exciting week; well done!
Next week we will be writing our own versions of the story ‘The Enormous Crocodile’. In maths we will continue to look at the column method and practise using and writing three digit numbers.