This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We finished writing our stories about the adventures of Paddington.
- We wrote a recount about the fun we had on our trip to ‘Rock Up’ last week and made sure we used time openers.
- We looked at contractions and how they are used.
- We applied our understanding of contractions to our own writing.
- We focused on splitting numbers into tens and ones.
- We split two digit numbers and thought of different ways to represent each number.
- We solved missing number problems by counting the number of tens and ones.
- We solved other problems by regrouping tens and ones.
- We spent the beginning of the week practising for our class assembly and, on Wednesday, performed for all or friends and family. Miss Horton was very proud of us all!
- We thought about different signs and symbols that we know, and the reason why they are used.
You have worked hard this week Giraffes; well done!
Next week we will be looking at the story of ‘Flat Stanley’ and describing the places and main characters. We will also be using a hundred square to count on and back by different amounts.