This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We started our new topic, all about Roald Dahl.
- We thought about our favourite Roald Dahl books and wrote reviews to read to others.
- We found out lots of facts about Roald Dahl and planned biographies about his life.
- We wrote biographies and wrote about his family, school and the books that he wrote.
- We started the week by looking at repeating patterns.
- We used ordinal numbers to find the next patterns in a variety of sequences.
- We looked at directional language and described turns using the language ‘clockwise’ and ‘anti-clockwise’.
- We looked at the points of a compass and how these are used to describe different directions and positions.
- We found out all about Eid and why it is celebrated.
- We wrote poems to describe what we may see, hear, smell and taste at an Eid celebration.
- We completed our final rehearsals of our country and Maypole dancing ready for the OVEG fair on Saturday!
What a fantastic first week back Giraffes; well done!
Next week we will be looking at the characters in the Roald Dahl story ‘James and the Giant Peach’. In maths we will look at right angles and then begin to look at using the column method to add.