This week Blue Class have been learning:
- We found out about the events of The Great Fire of London.
- We ordered the events and wrote captions to describe each day.
- We reminded ourselves of all the different features of a letter.
- We wrote letters from Thomas Farrinor to King Charles II to apologise for starting the fire!
- We practised solving reasoning problems involving addition.
- We used drawings to help us find missing numbers.
- We made estimations to help us check our answers to addition and subtraction number sentences.
- We ordered two digit numbers up to 100 using estimation to help us.
- We enjoyed singing ‘London’s Burning’ in a round during music, and finding out about the different length notes that make up the song.
- We practised different types of jumps in PE.
- We explained why different materials were suited for different purposes.
- We thought about the consequences and rewards of our behaviours at home and at school.
A fantastic week of learning Blue Class; well done!
Next week we will be continuing to solve reasoning and word problems involving addition and subtraction. In English we will be using Samuel Pepys as inspiration to write our own diary entries.
This week the spellings are: