Well done on another busy week Red class you are all SUPERSTARS. Well done to all of you for the hard work you put into your spelling test this week, all that practise pays off!!!
This week we have been learning:
-We have been looking at using a one hundred square.
- We have looked at all the number patterns in the square.
- We have used a number square to help us count forwards and backwards in ones.
- We have used a 100 square to help us count in tens and count forward and backward ten from any number e.g. ten more than 56 is 66 and then less than 56 is 46. We looked at the patterns to help us understand this.
- We have been looking at nouns and adjectives.
- We have learnt when we use them in our writing and how we can use an adjective to describe a noun.
-We looked at the differences between man made and natural materials.
- We then looked at suitability of materials e.g. Why does a window need to be made of glass? What properties does glass need to have?
- This week we have been learning all about The Plague during the Stuart era.
- Red class wrote leaflets sharing facts and information all about The Black Death.
- We have been recapping all of our Year One sounds and practising our alien words.
-le (l sound at end of words)
-wr (r sound at the start of words).
This weeks spellings are (To be tested on 16th October):
Have a FABULOUS weekend. See you on Monday!