This week in Lions class our learning has been very exciting.
- We started by reading the story 'Traction Man' by Mini Grey.
- We then worked in groups of 4 to act out our favourite part of the story.
- Next we wrote about our favourite part of the story and why we liked it.
- Finally we wrote setting descriptions, using as many adjectives as possible to make our writing come to life!!
- We looked at doubling and halving.
-We used the Cuisenaire rods to to help us with our doubling and halving.
-We then found half of different amounts.
- Lastly we played ' Double Bingo' to practise finding doubles of an amount.
- In Science we were given a mission to plan an investigation to find out which material will make a waterproof outfit for Traction Man when he is on his adventures. We planned the investigation and wrote predictions about which material we think will be the best and why.
- In Relax Kids we had our last session and focused on being brave superheroes.
- In Art we started looking at Roy Litchenstein and Pop Art. We tested to see which tools would help us to make the best 'Ben Day Pattern'.
- On Wednesday we were lucky enough to have Mr Chatfield come in to Year 1 to talk about being a fireman and a real life hero!!!!
- aw (or) sound
- are (air) sound
Well done on another busy and exciting week Lions. Have a good weekend!!!!