This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We continued to look at the story ‘Zeraffa Giraffa’ by Dianne Hofmeyr.
- We described the journey of Zeraffa and thought about how she would feel.
- We retold the story using a variety of sentence starters and story language.
- We looked at the features of a newspaper report and discussed why each was important.
- We focused on division by sharing and by grouping.
- We used arrays to multiply and divide and identified how the two operations were related.
- We solved word problems involving division.
- We thoroughly enjoyed a visit from Dulcie’s grandmother (Zebra Class) and governor Maureen, who told us all about her time in Africa.
- As part of Internet Safety Week, we found out about our digital footprint and made posters about how to reduce it.
- We found out all about food chains and how different animals are adapted to their environments.
Well done on a very busy week of learning Giraffes!
Next week we will continue to look at the story of ‘Zeraffa Giraffa’ and we will write newspaper articles about her journey. We will continue to focus on division in maths.