This week Kangaroo Class have been learning:
- We read the story ‘Traction Man is Here’ by Mini Grey.
- We acted out our favourite part of the story.
- We described our favourite part and why we liked it.
- We wrote setting descriptions using as many adjectives as we could!
- We focused on doubles and halves.
- We used Cuisenaire to find half of different amounts and represent each as one of two equal parts.
- We found half of different numbers.
- We played ‘Bingo Doubles’ to practise finding doubles of a variety of numbers to ten.
- We enjoyed our last session of Relax Kids and focused on being brave.
- We started to look at pop art and the work of Roy Lichtenstein. We investigated which tools would be best to make dot patterns.
- We were given a challenge to make Traction Man a waterproof outfit and planned a scientific investigation to find out which material would be best to use.
What an exciting week of learning; well done!