This week Blue Class have been learning:
- We reminded ourselves of when and where we use full stops. We then applied this skill to our own writing.
- We wrote menus describing what King James I may have eaten at a banquet.
- We wrote sentences to compare the way of life of rich and poor people in Stuart times.
- We practised subtracting larger numbers by exchanging tens for ones.
- We solved problems involving subtraction.
- We found the difference between numbers by counting on using a number line.
- We used our number bonds to ten to practise adding three single digit numbers.
- We sketched our own pictures of a variety of London landmarks.
- We continued to learn songs about London with Ms Caperon.
- We looked at the different signs and symbols that we know and recognise.
- We found out about the different monarchs that reigned during Stuart times and placed them on a timeline.
What a busy week; well done Blue Class!
Next week we will be practising using odd and even numbers in maths, as well as familiarising ourselves with the properties and functions of a hundred square. In English we will look at the events of The Plague and the reasons it occurred.