This week Kangaroo Class have been learning:
- We finished writing our own versions of the story ‘Supertato’.
- We discussed the features of poetry.
- We found the rhyming couplets in a given poem and then found our own rhyming words.
- We focused on the phonic sound ‘e_e’ (theme).
- We used tens frames to make numbers to twenty.
- We described each number in relation to ten, using the language ‘ten and … more’.
- We started to use Base Ten (dienes) to describe numbers in terms of tens and ones.
- We made numbers to twenty using dienes.
- It was Art Week! In Kangaroo Class we focused on the artist and sculptor Barbara Hepworth.
- We found out about her life and looked at the different sculptures she has created.
- We made necklaces based on the sculpture ‘Spring’. We used clay and focused on creating the same shape and different patterns.
- We were inspired by Barbara Hepworth to create our own sculptures of Supertato!
- On Friday Miss Kerr taught us all about a different art skill; tie- dye! We created our own pieces of tie-dyed fabric.
What an exciting Art Week; well done!