In Lions class this week we have been SO busy with our learning.
- We read Cinderella which is the fairy tale we are focusing on this week.
- We created story maps to help us sequence the story and recall events that happen.
- We then wrote captions to describe what was happening in each picture from the story. We thought about the how the characters were looking and feeling in that moment.
- Finally we imagined we were the prince and wrote invites to our guests to attend our Royal Ball.
- We found different ways to show numbers using a range of resources.
- We used ‘1 more’ and ‘1 less’ to count amounts of objects.
- We compared numbers and used comparison language to explain our answers.
- We used a number line to find one more and one less than given numbers.
- We practised our gymnastic skills and directional language in PE
- We designed and made our own pumpkin carriages using paper plates.
FEELING GOOD DAY
- We started with an assembly to learn what 5 things we can do to help us FEEL GOOD!
- We completed a maths activity in pairs (which was all about team work).
- We then designed a poster on 'how to be a good friend'.
- In the afternoon we completed a number of different activities in the classroom in order to help us feel good (including a malteaser challenge!!!)
Well done on another wonderful week Lions :) You are all working so hard and settling into Year One fantastically! Make sure you get lots of rest over the weekend ready for another week of learning.