This week Lion Class have been learning:
- We have been reading the story ‘Zeraffa Giraffa’ by Dianne Hofmeyr.
- We learnt about contractions and used them to write our own sentences.
- We ordered the events of the story and then acted out each part to retell the story.
- We continued to look at length and conducted an investigation into the height of all the children in our class.
- We measured the height of our friends using metres and centimetres.
- We explained our results and drew a table to show what we had found.
- We practised our number bonds to 20.
- We found out about the variety of weather across Africa.
- We made factfiles about the life of artist Henri Rousseau and looked at some of the artwork he created.
- We played instruments in time to African music.
Also this week, we thoroughly enjoyed sharing our learning and reading stories with our families during our special reading breakfast. We also went to Bushey Manor for a special ‘Fitness with Singing’ assembly and were very out of breath by the time we had to walk home! Finally, we ended the week with an exciting trip to the circus and were amazed by the gymnastics and skills on display.
Well done Lions; what a busy week!