This week Lion Class have been learning:
- We listened to Michael Rosen’s ‘Chocolate Cake’.
- We described our favourite foods using interesting adjectives and expanded noun phrases.
- We wrote instructions for how to make chocolate cake.
- We wrote stories explaining how chocolate had been discovered by the Mayans two thousand years ago.
- We started to look at division.
- We used counting objects to show division as sharing.
- We found the answers to division number sentences.
- We used a speaking frame to help us remember the meaning of division and solve division problems.
- We discovered how chocolate was discovered by the Mayans and ordered the events.
- We designed our own chocolate wrappers, inspired by Mayan art and sculpture design!
- We found out about the components of a healthy diet.
- We made our own chocolate cakes!
Well done Lions; you have worked hard this week. A special well done to our gymnasts for a fantastic performance in the gymnastics competition!