This week Blue Class have been learning:
- We practised using the phonics sounds we know to write a variety of words and sentences.
- We continued to practise reading alien words.
- We retold the story of ’Little Red Riding Hood’ in our own words as part of assessment week.
- We also answered questions about a range of different texts.
- We used our understanding of tens and ones to solve addition problems.
- We practised subtraction by taking away and exchanging tens.
- We used drawings to help find our answers.
- We studied the artist Laura Jordan and her work based on London landmarks. We took our own photos of landmarks around school and used them in our own sketches.
- We enjoyed PE with Mrs Charles and practised our skipping and multisport skills.
- We practised saying different rhythms and learning new songs about London with Ms Caperon.
Well done on an excellent week of learning Blue Class!
Next week we will be finding the difference by counting on and adding three numbers together in maths. In English we will be looking at the food eaten in Stuart times and comparing the lifestyles of the rich and poor.