This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We focused on the country of South Africa and found out our own facts about it using a variety of resources.
- We planned our own reports about South Africa using titles and headings.
- We wrote reports comparing life in South Africa to life in the UK.
- We practised using expanded noun phrases to describe characters.
- We used arrays to solve a variety of multiplication problems.
- We found out how to represent multiplication using the bar model to help.
- We found out about different religious buildings and why they are special to the people that worship there.
- We were fascinated to discover more about life in Africa from Zac Butler’s Grandad.
- We finished the week by sharing our wonderful learning with our families at our ‘Stay and Learn’ session; Miss Horton was impressed with our excellent descriptive writing!
What an exciting week of learning Giraffes; well done!
Next week we are focusing on a new text; ‘Zeraffa Giraffa’ by Dianne Hofmeyr. We are also continuing to look at multiplication and how we can relate this to measure.