This week Kangaroo Class have been learning:
- We focused on the traditional tale of ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’
- We sequenced the events of the story and described the beginning, middle and end.
- We drew story maps to show what happened in the story.
- We wrote sentences to describe why we would like to be Jack or the giant.
- We started to look at number and subitising.
- We looked at different dice patterns and how we knew what each represented.
- We described the similarities and differences between different amounts of objects.
- We drew different ways to make a variety of numbers.
- We used tens frames to show each number.
- We thoroughly enjoyed a trip to our school allotment on Wednesday, where we planted bulbs and looked at the progress of the planting we had carried out last year.
- We practised our throwing and catching skills.
- We created art based around Jack and the Beanstalk using photos of ourselves as inspiration!
- We labelled the different parts of a plant.
What a very busy week of learning; well done Kangaroos!