In Lion Class this week we have been learning:
- We focused on the fairytale ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’
- We sequenced the events of the story and described the beginning, middle and end.
- We drew story maps to show what happened in the story and discussed what our favourite part was.
- We thought about which character from the story we would be and wrote sentences using thw word 'because' to explain why we would want to be that character.
- We started to look at number and subitising.
- We looked at different dice patterns and how we knew what each pattern represented.
- We described the similarities and differences between different amounts of objects.
- We drew different ways to make a variety of numbers.
- We used tens frames to show a number of different ways we can represent a number.
- We then had to explain how we knew the tens frames represented the number
- We were lucky enough to visit our school allotment on Wednesday, where we planted bulbs and looked at the progress of the planting we had carried out last year.
- We labelled the different parts of a plant.
- We practised our throwing and catching skills.
- We created art based around Jack and the Beanstalk using photos of ourselves as inspiration!
- Recap 'igh' (fly high)
- Recap ow (blow the snow)