This week Blue Class have been learning:
- We practised using apostrophes (singular possessive) in sentences and in our writing.
- We started looking at the author and poet Michael Rosen.
- We enjoyed listening to and reciting some of his most famous poems.
- We wrote biographies about his life and used sub headings to order our information.
- We wrote instructions for how to make chocolate cake.
- We continued to learn about time.
- We practised using o clock, half past, quarter to and quarter past.
- We practised our five times table to help us tell the time in five minute intervals.
- We used ‘past’ and ‘to’ to tell the time to the nearest five minutes.
- We found out about the history of chocolate, and how it was brought to Europe and made into the chocolate we know today.
- We made our own posters, imagining that we were the creators of the world’s first chocolate bar!
- We made Michael Rosen’s chocolate cake (otherwise known as chocolate cornflake cakes!)
- In science, we looked at what a plant needs to have to be able to grow,
Well done on a brilliant week Blue Class!
Next week we will solving problems involving time and continuing to use the work of Michael Rosen to inspire our own poetry writing.