This week Kangaroo Class have been learning:
- We began to look at the story ‘The Jolly Postman’ by Janet and Allan Ahlberg.
- We ordered the events of the story and discussed the different fairy tales.
- We designed our own cottages and labelled them with our imaginative ideas of how to decorate them!
- We wrote shopping lists to describe what we would need.
- We looked at positional and directional language.
- We practised making whole, half and quarter turns by playing ‘Simon Says’.
- We described the position of different objects in relation to others.
- We used ordinal numbers to order people and numbers.
- We practised and sang songs based on ‘The Jolly Postman’ with Ms Caperon.
- We created sequences of movement by performing a variety of jumps.
- We decorated biscuits based on the cottage in ‘Hansel and Gretel’
Well done on a fantastic first full week in Year One; well done!