- We began by reading 'The Jolly Postman' by Janet and Allan Ahlberg.
- We then sequenced and ordered pictures from the story and discussed the events and the characters.
- We then focused on the fairy tale of' Hansel and Gretel'.
- We designed our own cottages and labelled them. Some of designed cottages covered in lego, chocolate and even diamonds!!!!!!
- Afterwards we wrote a shopping list of everything we need to build our cottage.
- Lastly we looked at the wicked witch and thought of lots of different adjectives to describe her.
- We looked at positional and directional language.
- We practised making whole, half and quarter turns by playing a number of different games.
- We described the position of different objects in relation to others.
- We used ordinal numbers to order people and numbers.
- We designed a WANTED poster to try and catch the Wicked Witch from Hansel and Gretel.
- We created sequences of movement by performing a variety of jumps.
- We decorated biscuits based on the cottage in ‘Hansel and Gretel’
Well done Lions on a fantastic first full week back! You deserve the weekend. Hope you all have a good weekend and see you on Monday.
- English - Jack & The Beanstalk
- Numbers to 10 - finding patterns, including subitising
- Visit to the school allotment
- Labelling blants
- Creating our own bean stalk/ autumn art