This week Lion Class have been learning:
- We have focused on the story ‘Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters’ by John Steptoe.
- We planned our own traditional tales with a clear beginning, middle and end.
- We described the characters and settings of our stories using lots of amazing adjectives!
- We wrote our own traditional tales.
- We have been learning about length.
- We have measured a variety of objects and lines using centimetres and metres.
- We compared the lengths of different objects using ‘longer than’ and ‘shorter than’.
- We solved problems involving length by measuring items in the classroom.
- We enjoyed a house competition afternoon where we played benchball in our houses. We all won different games and had great fun competing!
- We created our own bookmarks to show how we follow the school rules.
- We learnt about African rhythms and chants.
Well done Lions on a brilliant week!