This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We continued to look at the story ‘Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters’ by John Steptoe.
- We retold the story in our own words, using story language and expanded noun phrases.
- We planned our own traditional tales based on the story.
- We wrote and edited our own traditional tales with a clear beginning, middle and end.
- We looked at pictograms and interpreted the data that they show.
- We continued to focus on multiplication and using arrays to show our working.
- We solved a variety of maths problems involving addition and multiplication.
- We looked at the work of Angu Walters, an African artist.
- We created our own art work in the style of Angu Walters, using different shapes and patterns.
- We discussed and thought about different places that are special to us and the reasons why.
What an exciting week of learning Giraffes; well done!
Next week we are researching and writing our own reports comparing South Africa to the UK. We are also continuing to look at multiplication in maths.