This week Blue Class have been learning:
- We looked at the story ‘The Snowman’ by Raymond Briggs.
- We sequenced the events of the story and wrote captions to retell each part.
- We used the pictures from the story to write our own beginning, middle and end. We made sure that we used expanded noun phrases and story language.
- We practised our arithmetic skills; using all the strategies we have learnt to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication and division number sentences.
- We looked at 3D shapes and solved Christmas puzzles by describing their properties!
- We continued our rehearsals for our ‘Christmas Celebration’ that will be filmed next week.
- We made reindeers and Christmas tree decorations with Miss Hopwood!
- We found out about life in Norway, and wrote fact files about the weather, culture and history.
Well done on an exciting week Blue Class!
Next week we will be getting ready for Christmas; learning about the Nativity story, Christmas art, and some Christmas maths problems. Not forgetting our Christmas lunch!
This week the spellings are: