This week Blue Class have been learning:
- We read the story ‘Maggie’s Chopsticks’ by Alan Woo.
- Before we finished reading the whole story, we predicted what we thought might happen at the end and wrote our own endings to the story.
- We looked at the use of similes in the story and practised using our own to describe and compare.
- We wrote our own stories about times when we practised and practised until we had achieved a goal.
- We wrote book reviews of the story, describing the plot and giving reasons for our opinions.
- We started to look at the process of division.
- We shared different amounts of objects into groups.
- We solved division number sentences by sharing.
- We discovered what would happen when we couldn’t divide equally, and used remainders to write our answers.
- We found out about life in China, and facts about the location and culture.
- We started getting ready for Christmas by beginning to make our school Christmas decorations!
- We enjoyed an afternoon of PE and games with Coach James.
What a busy week; well done Blue Class!
Next week we will continue to look at division in maths, including solving a variety of division problems. As well as carrying out the Phonics Screening Check, we will be learning about the features of instructions.
This week the spellings are: