This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We started to look at the story ‘Grandpa’s Garden’ by Stella Fry.
- We ordered and retold the story by describing what had happened in each of the four seasons.
- We used similes and metaphors to describe the weather.
- We practised using suffixes in our sentences.
- We continued to look at fractions.
- We understood the term ‘three quarters’.
- We found three quarters of shapes and amounts .
- We used a speaking frame to help us solve fraction problems.
- We enjoyed our first visit to our school allotment and thought about what we would like to try and grow.
- We designed our allotment space and thought about which vegetables would grow in which season.
- We made chick hats ready for our Spring Assembly and for Easter.
- We were thoroughly excited to find out about St Patrick’ Day with help from Mrs Morton and enjoyed playing potato games and eating soda bread!
- We started looking at the work of Henri Rousseau.
What a busy week Giraffes; well done!
Next week we will write our own descriptive stories based on ‘Grandpa’s Garden’. We will begin to look at time in maths.