This week Blue Class have been learning:
- We continued to look at the story ‘The town mouse and the country mouse’.
- We planned our own stories based on this, using contrasting characters and settings.
- We wrote the beginning, middle and end of our stories, ensuring they had correct punctuation and expanded noun phrases.
- We edited our writing.
- We continued to practise multiplication.
- We used arrays to show our answers to multiplication number sentences.
- We solved problems by multiplying different amounts of money.
- We wrote our own multiplication problems from given arrays.
- We continued to practise a variety of folk songs with Ms Caperon.
- We found out about the religious symbols of different religions and what they symbolised.
- We labelled the continents and oceans of the world.
- For anti-bullying week, we thought of ways we could be ‘United against Bullying’ and work as a class to be kind to everyone.
A fantastic week of learning, well done!
Next week we will begin to look at division in maths. In English, we will look at similes and using these in stories.
This week the spellings are: