This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We began to look at the story ‘Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters’ by John Steptoe.
- We predicted what could happen next at different points of the story.
- We described the setting of the story.
- We compared the story to other traditional tales from other countries.
- We discussed the importance of information tables and how they are used.
- We created our own tally and bar charts to find out our favourite colours.
- We interpreted the data and explained our findings.
- We sorted shapes using Caroll diagrams.
- We enjoyed writing about the favourite parts of our holidays.
- We started our new topic all about Africa!
- We found out about the different habitats animals live in and how they survive in that habitat.
- We identified the continents of the world and located each using maps and atlases.
Well done Giraffes; what an excellent first week back!
Next week we are writing our own versions of a traditional tale and continuing to look at different charts and graphs in maths.