This week Kangaroo Class have been learning:
- We started looking at our new topic; Superheroes!
- We read the story ‘Supertato’ by Sue Hendra and drew story maps to order the main events.
- We wrote lists to describe the qualities of a good superhero.
- We focused on the phonic sounds ‘ea’ (tea) and ‘a_e’ (cake).
- We began the week by naming and describing the properties of 3D shapes.
- We sorted a variety of 2D and 3D shapes in different ways using a Venn diagram.
- We found different ways to make the same number by drawing groups of objects.
- We used multilink and balance scales to show the meaning of = as ‘the same as’.
- We designed our own Superveg! We thought about what superheroes would wear and how we could create our own heroes using vegetables.
- We thought about heroes in our community and described who our heroes were and the reasons why.
- We enjoyed Relax Kids with Natasha and discussed the importance of staying safe.
What a brilliant start to the New Year; well done Kangaroos!