WELCOME BACK!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a restful break. The Lion's class have had a very busy first week back and were introduced to their new topic. It's all about SUPERHEROS.
- We started off the week by sharing and writing about our holiday news.
- We read the story of Supertato and learnt some actions to help us remember the story.
- We then created a story map to help us remember the story.
- We have continued our learning of shape and naming and describing the properties of 3D shapes.
- We investigated how we could sort 2D and 3D shapes in different ways using a Venn diagram.
- We found different ways to make the same number using drawings to help prove our answer.
- We used multilink and balance scales to show the meaning of = as ‘the same as’.
- We started off by thinking about the characteristics of a hero and why a hero needs to have these characteristics.
- After we thought about who are heroes are and why.
- We then designed our own Superveg hero and labelled it thinking of all the things we were going to need to make it next week.
- Finally we had our first session back at Relax Kids with Natasha which we thoroughly enjoyed.
I would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you for your generosity at Christmas and that it really is appreciated. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and look forward to seeing you on Monday.