This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We looked at explanation texts.
- We talked about the features of explanation texts and wrote a list of all the things we should include.
- We planned our own explanation texts using a flowchart.
- We wrote explanation texts about how a flower grows.
- We continued to look at fractions.
- We folded different shapes to find half.
- We looked at finding halves, thirds and quarters of a variety of shapes.
- We solved different problems involving fractions.
- We went to Watford Central Mosque on Wednesday and were very interested to learn about the building and what happens every day at the mosque.
- We wrote recounts about what we had found out.
- We found out about ‘MRS GREN’ and how we use it to remember the seven life processes.
Well done Giraffes on a fantastic week of learning!
Next week we will look at descriptive language using our new book ‘Grandpa’s Garden’. We will look at finding three quarters of shapes and amounts in maths.