This week Lion Class have been learning:
- We began the week by writing all about our holidays and used descriptive language to describe everything we had done.
- We completed a ‘grammar treasure hunt’ to remind us of all the different grammar rules we have learnt!
- We added the suffix ‘ed’ to words and used these in our own stories.
- We wrote instructions about how to country dance.
- We focused on time and reading and understanding clocks.
- We made a variety of times including quarter past and to, and drew hands accurately on clocks to show these times.
- We told the time in five minute intervals.
- We solved problems involving time.
- We went to Queens School to take part in a dance festival with Year 2 children from other schools. We enjoyed performing our country dances and were a fantastic audience for the others taking part!
- We found out about Eid and why it is celebrated.
- We made Father’s Day cards ready to give on Sunday!
Well done on a busy and exciting first week back!