This week Lion Class have been learning:
- We began to look at explanation texts.
- We wrote checklists to remember the various features of explanation texts.
- We read about the life cycle of frogs and used this to write our own flow chart.
- We used our flowcharts to write an explanation text describing how a frog grows.
- We understood the meaning of the term ‘fraction’.
- We found half of a variety of objects, including Numicon, clocks and money.
- We found half of a number using counting objects.
- We solved problems by finding half of different shapes.
- We learnt about life cycles and how frogs grow.
- We drew pictures to show the different parts of a plant.
- We made and designed our own symmetrical frogs!
An excellent first week back Lions! A special well done to our gymnastics team who came 4th and 6th in our gymnastics finals this week!