This week Lion Class have been learning:
- We compared two authors; Michael Rosen and Julia Donaldson.
- We read the story ‘A squash and a squeeze’ by Julia Donaldson and identified features of the language used.
- We described the similarities and differences between the two authors and their writing.
- We planned and wrote our own rhyming stories.
- We looked at the relationship between multiplication and division.
- We found the inverse of different multiplication number sentences.
- We used inverse to check and explain our answers.
- We solved a variety of problems by using division as the opposite of multiplication.
- We found out about Shrove Tuesday and were excited to make and eat our own pancakes!
- We wrote about what animals need to survive and the differences between carnivores, omnivores and herbivores.
- We enjoyed our class celebration on Friday; a craft afternoon, film and popcorn!
What an excellent end to the half term Lions!