This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We listened to the song ‘A whole new world’ from Aladdin and thought of adjectives and expanded noun phrases to describe our own magical journeys.
- We wrote descriptions of our journeys using a range of exciting vocabulary.
- We practised using a range of punctuation and grammar in our writing.
- We wrote reviews of our trip to the theatre.
- We looked at 2D shape and sorted them by their properties.
- We compared these shapes to 3D shapes and played ‘shape bingo’ to practise describing each.
- We made our own 3D shapes using straws, blu-tack and polydron!
- We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to the theatre on Thursday to watch ‘Aladdin’. We loved the glittery costumes and the wonderful songs!
- We practised Maypole Dancing ready for the OVEG fair on the 8th June.
- We started to think about and decide what we wanted our outside area to look like.
You have had a very busy and productive week of learning Giraffes; well done!
After the holidays we will begin our new topic focusing on Roald Dahl. We will be finding out about his life and the books that he wrote.