This week Lion Class have been learning:
- We looked at the features of formal letters.
- We took part in a debate; sharing our opinions on whether animals should be left to live in their natural environment.
- We wrote letters to the Great Pasha of Egypt to persuade him to share our opinions.
- We began to look at the features of newspaper reports and plan our own story.
- We focused on subtraction and using a variety of methods to help us solve subtraction problems.
- We used dienes to subtract ten from a given number.
- We explained how we could bridge 10 using dienes to subtract.
- We made and decorated food chains to show which animals rely on each other for food.
- We conducted our own research into Africa and found out many interesting and exciting facts to share with our friends and teachers!
- We learnt how ‘a’ can make an ‘or’ sound after ‘ll’. We practised writing these words in sentences.
Well done Lions on a fantastic week of learning!