This week Lion Class have been learning:
- We read ‘We’re going on a bear hunt’ by Michael Rosen.
- We discussed the use of onomatopoeia in the story and wrote our own examples.
- We used these to plan and write our own version of the story.
- We edited our writing and checked for punctuation, spelling and handwriting.
- We continued to focus on division.
- We solved division problems by finding as many division number sentences as we could from a set of number cards.
- We found out how to divide by grouping.
- We used division by grouping to answer word problems.
- We went on a walk around our local area and identified a variety of landmarks.
- We used these landmarks to draw maps of the local area.
- We found out about the life cycles of different animals and how they were born.
A busy week of learning Lions- well done!