This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We drew and wrote story maps showing the story of ‘The Jungle Book’.
- We described the animals that Mowgli met in the jungle.
- We practised our reading comprehension skills.
- We looked at fractions and found halves, quarters and thirds of amounts.
- We solved a variety of problems involving fractions.
- We reminded ourselves of the strategies we would use to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- We updated our seed diaries by observing and recording how our sunflowers had started to grow.
- We designed plant pots for our sunflower seeds using recycled materials.
- We started to look at pop art and the artist Andy Warhol.
- We drew our own self-portraits and used watercolour pencils to colour them.
Giraffes have worked extremely hard this week; well done!
Next week we will begin to look at the story of ‘Aladdin’ and we will retell the story in our own words. We will continue to practise solving a variety of problems in maths.